It’s Spring Festival Season in Austin. Hold on to your bluebonnets.
Whether you’re looking to come into downtown to dig in the festival or you’re avoiding the influx of humanities like the plague, the City’s Austin Center for Events (ACE) has resources to help you get there, avoid there, or generally get around!
City Stage is ACE’s main online portal to connect you to up-to-date information. Their current landing page, Spring Festival ATX, offers a cluster of handy guides and resources just for Spring Festival season, 2019, covering the dates March 8-17, some of the most populated congested dates of the year in the downtown area.
Check out some of the highlights:
• Before you venture into downtown during the mid-March, study and make a plan to use alternative transportation with this 2019 Mobility Guide.
• Confused about the rules around dockless bikes and scooters? Click this Dockless Mobility page to learn the latest.
• Study the downtown Street Closures maps for fun and mental health.
• For Capital Metro bus info during the fest, check the Cap Met & SXSW page.
• If you’re going out to enjoy the revelry, make sure you make a plan for a Safe Ride Home.
• Looking for a respite from the wild crowds? Or want to show off to your out-of-town guests? Check into the Austin Public Library Central Library for a breather.
• SXSW has its own list of resources for surviving the festival!
• SXSW 2019 offers a number of FREE events and mini-conferences. But you do need a guest Day Pass.
• Here is the SXSW Getting Around page.
• The general ACE Spring Festival ATX has a lot more great information for surviving the season!
The Austin Center for Events is the City of Austin’s collaborative office designed to streamline special event permitting. ACE includes teams from transportation, music, police, fire, and EMS departments as well as other departments, agencies and facilities. Curious about holding your own large event? Visit the Event Planning page to find out how to get started with your special event in Austin. For general inquiries, email SpecialEvents@austintexas.gov or call 512-974-1000.
Get on out or lock yourself in. You do you this Spring. Just stay safe and have fun!