FOOD SECURITY & SUSTENANCE
AUNT BERTHA SOCIAL CARE NETWORK
The Aunt Bertha Social Care Network is a national network that connects people with social services and programs and has just launched a COVID-19 -specific page, Find Help to link folks to resources to find food assistance, pay bills, and other free or reduced cost programs that help people affected by the pandemic.
HD 136 HELPING SENIORS
The HD 136 Neighbor to Neighbor Seniors Food & Wellness Program has launched and volunteers and donations needed. The program began as a partnership between the offices of TX State Rep John Bucy, our District 6 office/CM Jimmy Flannigan, and Hill Country Community Ministries.
Until full online infrastructure is set, please contact:
• TX Rep Bucy’s office via info on this Facebook post
• HCCM via their website
HEB & FAVOR HELPING SENIORS
H-E-B & Favor #TexansHelpingTexans Effort launched their Senior Support Line See how you can get assistance or support their program:
Seniors can place orders from curated list of essentials via a phone line 1-833-397-0080, the @Favor app, or favordelivery.com/seniors.
All fees waived for first 30 days, w/ $10 tip for the Favor Runner.
Here are a few other sites we’ve been tracking for current food information in Central Texas:
• Austin Chinese American Network (ACAN) Please consider donating to ACAN. Check out their Facebook page to see the amazing work they’ve been doing to get local folks fed.
• Austin Takeout Tracker Keep track of ATX restaurants open during the crisis.
• Central Texas Food Bank Find Food Now page Immediate food relief and assistance
• Fresh Food For All! is a monthly safe drive-up food program. Bethany United Methodist Church and Hill Country Community Ministries have teamed up to provide for those in need (and that means a lot of us right now!). Check the dates on the Facebook page to schedule a food pick-up or to consider signing up to volunteer!
• H-E-B & Favor #TexansHelpingTexans Efforts and Senior Support Line
TRAVEL SAFETY & MOBILITY
TRAVEL UPDATES ABIA/AUS
Austin Bergstrom International COVID page shares updates on protocol and restrictions
FREE, CHEAP & CONVENIENT
Check out this round-up of local options that can make the stay-at-home experience way more palatable, with online and delivery selections for food, entertainment, helping others, and more, right here on ATXD6.org.
The VISIT AUSTIN EVENTS page has morphed into a great source for ways to experience Austin as a local or a tourist all from the safety of home. Loaded with art, music, film, dance, and just plain ol’ fun virtual events means you can visit Austin even while keeping our distance.
AUSTIN TAKEOUT LIST Eater Editor Nadia Chaudhury‘s very definition of an exhaustive list of Austin Restaurants With Takeout Options, is being regularly updated on Eater. WOW.